What patient services are available online?
- Book and cancel appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- View parts of your medical record including medications, allergies, immunisations, test results
- Check symptoms, read self-care advice and information about when to seek help
- Register to be an organ donor
- 24/7 access 'on the go' via the NHS App for smartphone or tablet (details below)
- 24/7 access via the NHS App Online - if you don't have a smartphone or tablet, you can access the NHS App Online via your desktop or laptop computer
- 24/7 access via the Patient Access website - some patients may already be using Patient Access as this was available before the NHS App was released
How do you access Online Services?
Online Services are available to all patients aged 13+. Registration is required in order to verify your identity and be able to have access to your medical record and details.
There are different options available below for registering for Online Services:
- At Reception - registration can be completed in person at the practice by confirming your identity and bringing along photographic ID (i.e. driving licence or passport)
- NHS App - you can create an 'NHS Login' account and verify your own identity in the 'NHS App' in order to use Online Services, without visiting the practice - details below
- NHS App Online - you can visit the 'NHS App Online' website to register for an account if you do not have a smartphone or tablet - as with option 2, most patients will be able to register without the need to contact or visit the practice.
What is the new NHS App and NHS App Online?
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. This app is downloadable from your usual app store.
The NHS App has now been made available via a website for patients who would like to access it via a desktop or laptop computer. Please click here to access.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view parts of your GP medical record and more.
If you already use the Patient Access online service you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well. If you don't currently have Online Services, you can download the NHS App and create a NHS login which will enable you to set up Online Services without visiting the practice.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
To view a NHS video demonstrating the NHS App, please click here.
Need help or support with Patient Access or the NHS App?
Patient Access Troubleshooting
NHS App Troubleshooting